Victoria Coombes RSW
Registered Social Worker, Play Therapist, Individual and Family Counsellor
Grief counselling - the death of a loved one is so hard and it's important not to grieve alone. I work collaboratively, at the clients pace, providing a safe non-judgmental space for clients to be heard and to support them in drawing upon their own strengths in order to mourn well. My professional experiences stem from working as a Social Worker and a Therapist for over 25 years in hospice palliative care, community organizations, and in private practice. I also provide counselling for those caring for a loved one at the end of life.
My practice areas include dying, death, grief and bereavement, palliative care, chronic illness, stress and burnout, loss, and life transitions. My work includes supporting those living with a palliative loved one, and bereavement work for those who have experienced the death of anyone significant in their life.
I approach therapy in a compassionate and person-centered way with collaboration and goal setting. My approach is supportive, interactive, and flexible in meeting your unique needs. I help you to determine exactly what challenges you face and support you in finding inner resources to address those struggles at a pace which is right for you.
I offer both in person sessions in Barrhaven and virtual sessions.
- Counselling and psychotherapy for children and adults
- Play Therapy
- Grief and bereavement
- Palliative care
- Chronic illness
- Stress and burnout
- Life Transitions
- Traditional talk therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Art therapy
- Registered member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers #832190 (OCSWSSW)
- BA Honors degree from Edge Hill University in England
- Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work and Psychiatric Social Work
- Post Graduate Certificate in Child Forensic Studies
- Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy