Cheryl Grant MSW, RSW
Counselling Social Worker, Individual, Couples and Family Counsellor
Through a combination of professional experience in the field of child welfare, and a love for parenting, Cheryl has discovered her passion for helping children and their parents by working to increase resiliency/coping skills; heal from experiences of trauma; discover internal strengths; challenge negative thoughts or limiting beliefs; enhance self-esteem, and work towards self-actualization/personal growth.
Cheryl values a holistic approach in her clinical practice that incorporates client-centered, existential, attachment, and cognitive-behavioural based therapies to maximize the self-awareness and problem-resolution skills that are necessary to moving forward with one's life goals.
Cheryl is an energetic and compassionate individual who is committed to helping people find both meaning in their lives and the motivation to move forward to achieve personal, academic, and professional goals.
- Working with Youth (12+) & Child Welfare Issues
- Co-Dependency Issues
- Detaching/Disengaging from Enmeshed Relationships
- Domestic Violence Recovery
- Chronic Pain Management
- Increasing Resiliency & Self-Esteem
- Anxiety, Depression, Anger Management
- Increasing Motivation & Dealing with Personal Blocks
- Individual, Marriage/Couple and Family Counsellor
- Registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Registered member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers (OASW)
- Master of Social Work, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, 2008
- Bachelor of Social Work, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, 1999
- Bachelor of Arts-Honours Psychology, St. Mary's University, Halifax, N.S., 1996