Megan Mahler MEd MA CCC CCPA
Individual Adult and Youth/Adolescent Counsellor
Megan has experience working with a diverse population of adults and youth. She works collaboratively with clients using an eclectic approach tailored to the client's needs with an emphasis on collaboration, respect, openness and acceptance. Megan believes it's important to understand the root causes of certain behaviours to develop the appropriate support for the client. Such behaviours may include self-harm and aggression, which may mask underlying issues that she hopes to uncover and help clients cope with.
She works under the supervision of Rebecca Moore, C. Psych.
- Youth Specialist
- Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Low Self Esteem
- Relationships, Separation/Divorce, Grief/Loss
- Parenting Support
- Work Concerns
- Adolescents, Bullying, Sexuality
- Self-Injury, Suicidal Thoughts
- Substance Abuse, Anger Management
- Registered member of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, CRPO
- Registered member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, CCPA
- Master of Educational Counselling. M.Ed., University of Ottawa, 2010
- BA (Honours) in Psychology and Criminology, University of Ottawa, 2007
- Working Families and Children, Dual Certificate Program offered through the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work and The Hincks-Dellcrest Centre Gail Appel Institute, Toronto, 2014.