Heather Sutherland MA, OACCPP
Psychologist, Individual, Couples and Family Therapist
Heather Sutherland is a dedicated professional who thoroughly enjoys working closely with her clients to understand their concerns and find solutions that work for them. Results oriented, she provides encouragement, support and guidance to help clients
1) gain insight into their concerns and issues and
2) identify assertive options/steps to address problems and reach their goals.
This includes helping clients develop healthy coping strategies to deal with challenging situations and experiences. It often involves challenging negative and irrational beliefs (cognitive therapy), particularly about self. The goal is to help clients feel good about themselves and fully enjoy their lives.
Counselling full-time since 1988, Heather has held positions in both government and the private sector as a counsellor/psychologist, and as a manager and director. In addition to individual & couple therapy, she has extensive experience providing group counselling, and continues to travel to provide training to other counsellors.
- Individual, Couple, Family Counsellor
- Depression & Anxiety
- Self-esteem & Personal Growth
- Assertiveness & Anger Management
- Relationship issues
- Registered Psychologist, Northwest Territories
- Registered Psychologist, Nunavut
- Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists
- M.A. (Psychology), Carleton University, 1988
- B.A. (Honors in Psychology), Carleton University, Ottawa, 1984